Meditation has been practiced for centuries. Before studies, research and clinical tests, early practitioners knew the benefits. They felt them, they lived them and carried the practice of mindfulness into the future. Nowadays, meditation is very common, although, many people still have not tried it. Learning the benefits of meditation can be overwhelming. Read further and find out why you should try it.
The benefits of meditation encompass the physical, physiological and spiritual spheres of the self. Body, mind and soul. You’ve heard about them before. Through meditation, all of these realms find enrichment. By simply going into your head space, you can influence positive affects your entire well being.
Mental and Emotional Benefits of Meditation:
- Concentration. Meditation helps to clear thoughts and let the mind focus. This aids productivity in work, personal projects and all around creativity.
- Self confidence. You gain self confidence as you move past the limitations of the ego and learn to relax and love yourself.
- Improved Memory. Your ability to focus becomes sharper, and in turn so does your recollection and memory. You will find clarity and heightened perception in the world around you and an ability to retain it.
- Self Discipline. Gain better control of habits, negative thoughts and influence change through mastering impulses.
- Fine-tuned Intuition. The ability to recognize and interpret your thoughts and feelings grows, and you become very aware of your emotional regards and intuition.
- Patience. The little things become more insignificant after beginning a meditation practice. By being present and focusing on the here and now, you become more able to detach from the small stuff and worrying about the past or future and learn to let things be.
Physical Benefits of Meditation:
- Better Health. Meditation benefits the immune system, lowers blood pressure, improves the heart, helps with chronic pain and lowers stress and anxiety. These benefits can drastically improve a human being’s quality of life.
- Relaxation. You learn to calm the mind, which in turn allows the body to have less tension and stress. With decreased tension comes a deeper level of relaxation.
- Better Sleep. Since the mind is calm, the body less tense and your worries under better control, more solid and better sleep can be attained. Meditation has been very helpful for insomniacs.
- More Energy. By cultivating your inner resources and finding peace, you can trigger a well of positive energy within you. Also, with sound sleep, your body is more awake and charged for the day ahead. This can be transferred into fitness and athletics or the drive to complete physical demands.
Spiritual Benefits of Meditation:
- Personal Knowledge. Meditation allows you to know yourself. Travel through your mind, thoughts, emotions and body. As you get acquainted with your inner self, you can understand what makes you happy, what you want in life and how to rid of negativity. Knowing yourself through meditation can help with big decisions in relationships, work, family and overall happiness.
- Higher Consciousness. Extended sessions of meditation lead to deeper wells of the mind’s eye. Progressing deeper into the consciousness, one gets closer to a supreme state and awareness of the self and collective understanding of the spiritual world.
- Inner Peace. By removing the noise of the mind and centering on a calm and tranquil stillness, you unwrap the gift of inner peace. This is a very safe place and can become addictive once you learn how to achieve it.
Note: Specifically, with regards to medical issues, always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Web site.
- Copyright © 2012 Tracy Quantum, LLC. All rights reserved.