Both current and previous members of our armed forces often face issues of stress that most civilians are unable to grasp. At Tracy Quantum, we offer specific, tailor-made meditation sessions and motivational coaching that can help both currently serving military and veterans to cope with stress, disability, TBI (traumatic brain injury) and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Completely confidential, we offer both group and private sessions that can help build inner quiet and peace, that will help facilitate the healing process from trauma.
Meditation is not a new subject for the Armed Forces.
In TIME magazine’s recent article: “Samurai Mind Training for Modern American Warriors”, meditative techniques for both dealing with the stresses of combat, as well as dealing with combat itself, are now being closely researched by the United States Military. The Army is especially interested in the positive effects of meditation on helping veterans ease back into civilian life. Although we do not offer combat meditations, Tracy Quantum is an expert in the field of using Meditation in the military to deal with stress, depression, TBI and PTSD.
A new study in the journal Depression and Anxiety points to promising results for veterans suffering from PTSD. Researchers found that veterans who engaged in mindfulness exercises, such as meditation, stretching, and acceptance of uncomfortable thoughts and emotions, experienced a reduction in PTSD symptoms compared to their colleagues who did not engage in the same activities.
As a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) survivor acquired from combat explosions I struggle at times to accept the new me. Life changes after a TBI. The abrupt change from the injury took a toll on my emotions. It brought sadness and frustrations. I was reluctant to accept all the changes that were happening so suddenly in my life because I was on a constant race with the “old me”, reluctant to accept the new me. Great part of the TBI rehabilitation is the acceptance of the new life and owning the injury. It all happens by the acquisition of knowledge and acceptance of the present. The past cannot be changed. The future is what is left to look at, this accomplished by accepting the present. In this journey of self discovery and acceptance, Tracy Dyson provided me with valuable tools and education to keep walking my path in life. I encourage others to use his priceless tools as change happens from the inside out. Healing starts on the inside!!!
Articles on the Military and Meditation:
- Mindfulness Meditation for PTSD, TBI, and Compassion Fatigue
- How to Improve Your Health with Mindfulness Meditation
- Let Your Brain Relax: Mindfulness Meditation Can Reduce Some TBI Symptoms
- Mindfulness Meditation Can Help Your Brain Handle Stress
- Yoga gains support as a value-added treatment
- Mindful Attention Increases and Mediates Psychological Outcomes
- A Systematic Scoping Review of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Teach Yourself to Meditate Mindfully
- Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being
- Meditation’s positive residual effects
- Mindfulness treatment as effective as CBT for depression and anxiety
- Complimentary and alternative medicine for veterans and military personnel
- Potential of Mindfulness in Treating Trauma Reactions
- Yoga helps war Veterans get a handle on their PTSD
- Mindfulness Meditation Could Help Stressed-Out Soldiers
- War and Peace (of Mind): Mindfulness training for military could help them deal with stress
- For Those With Traumatic Brain Injuries, Yoga Might Provide Some Benefit
- Benefits of Mindfulness: Push-Ups for the Brain
- Conscious Presence and Self Control as a Measure of Situational Awareness in Soldier- A Validation study
- Soldiering On: New Methods for Battling PTSD
- ‘Mindfulness’ Therapy May Help Veterans with PTSD
- Marine Expanding use of Meditation Training
- Breathing exercises help veterans find peace after war, Stanford scholar says
- Shaping Future Generations: Med Students Experience Mind-Body Therapies
- Mindfulness and the Military: Does Self-Acceptance Help Veterans?
- Meditation, stretching may ease PTSD symptoms
- How Mindfulness Training Could Help People With PTSD Symptoms
- Mindfulness Could Help Ease War- Related PTSD Symptoms, Study Finds
- Mindfulness Therapy Can Aid Vets With PTSD
- Meditation and Healing Combat Stress
- Mindfulness and Mediation training could ease PTSD symptoms, researchers say
- Reducing stress the military way?
- “ALTERNATIVE” MEDICINE USE ON THE RISE IN MILITARY
- A New Component of US Military Combat Preparedness Meditation
- Meditation technique helps Veterans with PTSD
- Meditation Training Shows Brain Effects Even Outside A Meditative Sate
- Transcendental Meditation May Help Stressed Vets
- New study shows PTSD Symptoms in Combat-Exposed Military Can be Reduced with Healing Touch and Guided Imagery
- For Veterans, a Surge of New Treatments for Trauma
- A State of Military Mind
- Tracy Quantum Mindful Military Meditation
- VA testing whether meditation can help treat PTSD
- TBI Wounded Warrior Offers Healing Tips/Tracy Dyson
- PTSD? Try Meditation and Yoga
- Meditation Heals Military Vets with PTSD
- Inside the Pentagon’s Alt-Medicine Mecca, Where the Generals Meditate
- ‘Mindfulness’ Helps Soldiers Cope in Iraq
- E. Raymond Rock, on Meditation and the Military – An Oxymoron? Or is Meditation Going Mainstream?
- Harvard, Brigham Study: Yoga Eases Veterans PTSD Symptoms
- Belleruth Naparstek on Can Meditation Bolster Mental Health in Soldiers and Veterans?
- Troops use ‘Samurai’ Meditation to soothe PTSD
If you are interested in learning more about how mediation can help our service men and women, please contact us.
Note: Specifically, with regards to medical issues, always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Web site.